Thursday, August 19, 2010

oh Lord Jesus.
have mercy on us, sinners.
it aches me when i see people hating You because of the people who claim Your name.
Lord, open our eyes.
let not the sins of our flesh get in the way of Your message of unconditional love & never ending mercy and grace.
oh Jesus, be gentle to us for we are broken before You.
i am not You. i don't claim to be.
but Jesus, i want to be continually refined so i can be more like You.
open my heart wider to love Your people
& give me strength to turn to You when they fall short of loving me the way i want You to.
Lord, allow me to be filled by You
so i never have to look towards others for that fill.

"and we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him"
|| romans 8: 28

1 comment:

Alexandria said...

I seriously needed to hear/read every bit of that this very instant.

Can't wait to see you & be with you :)